High Success Rate
Globally Renowned Trainer
Real-time code analysis and feedback
This four-day instructor-led course begins by introducing Apache Kafka, explaining its key concepts and architecture, and discussing several common use cases. Building on this foundation, you will learn how to plan a Kafka deployment, and then gain hands-on experience by installing and configuring your own cloud-based, multi-node cluster running Kafka on the Cloudera Data Platform (CDP).
You will then use this cluster during more than 20 hands-on exercises that follow, covering a range of essential skills, starting with how to create Kafka topics, producers, and consumers, then continuing through progressively more challenging aspects of Kafka operations and development, such as those related to scalability, reliability, and performance problems. Throughout the course, you will learn and use Cloudera’s recommended tools for working with Kafka, including Cloudera Manager, Schema Registry, Streams Messaging Manager, and Cruise Control.
During this course, you learn how to:
- Plan, deploy, and operate Kafka clusters
- Create and manage topics
- Develop producers and consumers
- Use replication to improve fault tolerance
- Use partitioning to improve scalability
- Troubleshoot common problems and performance issues
- High-Level Architecture
- Common Use Cases
- Cloudera’s Distribution of Apache Kafka
Deploying Apache Kafka
- System Requirements and Dependencies
- Service Roles
- Planning Your Deployment Deploying Kafka Services
- Exercise: Preparing the Exercise Environment
- Exercise: Installing the Kafka Service with Cloudera Manager
- Exercise (optional): Create Metrics Dashboards
- Exercise (optional): Using the CM API
Kafka Command Line Basics
- Create and Manage Topics
- Running Producers and Consumers
Using Streams Messaging Manager (SMM)
- Streams Messaging Manager Overview
- Producers, Topics, and Consumers
- Data Explorer
- Topic Management
- Exercise: Managing Topics using the CLI
- Exercise: Connecting Producers and Consumers from the Command Line
Kafka Java API Basics
- Overview of Kafka’s APIs
- Topic Management from the Java API
- Exercise (optional): Managing Kafka Topics Using the Java API
- Using Producers and Consumers from the Java API
- Exercise: Developing Producers and Consumers with the Java API
Improving Availability through Replication
- Exercise: Observing Downtime Due to Broker Failure
- Considerations for the Replication Factor
- Exercise: Adding Replicas to Improve Availability
Improving Application Scalability
- How Messages are Partitioned
- Exercise: Observing How Partitioning Affects Performance
- Consumer Groups
- Exercise: Implementing Consumer Groups
- Consumer Rebalancing
- Exercise: Using a Key to Control Partition Assignment
Improving Application Reliability
- Connected Streams
- Delivery Semantics
- Demonstration (optional): ISRs vs. ACKs
- Producer Delivery
- Exercise: Idempotent Producer
- Exercise: Transactional Producers and Consumers
- Handling Consumer Failure
- Offset Management
- Exercise: Detecting and Suppressing Duplicate Messages
- Exercise: Handling Invalid Records
- Handling Producer Failure
We offer Cloudera Training for Apache Kafka Training in Singapore aimed at beginner Associate Cloud Engineers that can lead to your Apache Kafka Certification. Download the brochure and check the different Focus Areas covered within these 4 days of training.
This course is designed for system administrators, data engineers, and developers. All students are expected to have basic Linux experience, and basic proficiency with the Java programming language is recommended. No prior experience with Apache Kafka is necessary.
When you complete the program, you’ll earn a Certificate to share with your professional network as well as unlock access to career support resources to help you kickstart your new career. Many Professional Certificates have hiring partners that recognize the Professional Certificate credential and others can help prepare you for a certification exam. You can find more information on individual Professional Certificate pages where it applies.
- High Success rate
- Join Our Dynamic Community
- Training from Recognized Trainer
- Post-workshop support by the Coaches
Our clients praise us for our great results, personable service, expert knowledge, and on-time delivery. Here are what just a few of them had to say:
As a response to the COVID-19, we have moved our classes online. Our Live Virtual format delivers the same benefits as our face-to-face training: expert instruction, hands-on labs and exercises, peer-to-peer collaboration, and high-quality instructional material.
Cancellation requests received within 24 hours of registration would be offered a full refund (minus payment gateway charges), please reach out to our support team through drop a refund request to email@example.com. Visit our page for more details about Cancellation & Refund Policy.
The process of enrolling for this classroom training is simple. The payment can be made through different options by using a debit/credit card which includes MasterCard, Visa Card, American Express or through PayPal. Acknowledgment will be issued automatically via email to the candidates once payment is done.
Payment can be made via credit card, debit card, UPI, and internet banking.
Please send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will answer any queries you may have!