Earn 16 PDUs and 16 SEUs
Globally Renowned SPCs trainer
High Success Rate Guarantee
One Year Scaled Agile Membership
Constant Learning Support
During this two-day course, attendees gain an in-depth understanding of how to effectively perform their role in the Agile Release Train (ART) as it delivers value through Program Increments.
Attendees explore how to apply Lean thinking to decompose Epics into Features and Stories, refine Features and Stories, manage Program and Team backlogs, and to plan and execute Iterations and Program Increments. Attendees also discover how the Continuous Delivery Pipeline and DevOps culture contribute to the relentless improvement of the ART.
After this course, attendees will be able to:
- Articulate the Product Owner and Product Manager role.
- Connect SAFe Lean-Agile principles and values to the PO/ PM roles.
- Decompose Epics into Features and decompose Features into Stories.
- Refine Features into Stories.
- Manage Program and Team backlogs.
- Collaborate with Agile teams in estimating and forecasting work.
- Represent Customer needs in Program Increment Planning.
- Execute the Program Increment and deliver continuous value.
Becoming a Product Owner/Product Manager in the SAFe enterprise
The PO has a significant role in maximizing the value produced by the team and ensuring Stories meet the user’s needs and comply with the Definition of Done. For most enterprises moving to Agile, this is a new and critical role, typically translating into a full-time job, requiring one PO to support each Agile team (or, at most, two teams). This cover :-
- Describe SAFe for Lean enterprises
- Explain Value Streams
- Describe Lean-Agile Mindset decision making
- Describe Product Owner/Product Manager responsibilities
Preparing for PI Planning
As a member of the extended Product Management team, the PO is heavily involved in program backlog refinement and prep for Program Increment (PI) planning and also plays a significant role in the planning event itself. Before the planning event, the PO updates the team backlog and typically reviews and contributes to the program vision, Roadmap, and content presentations. This cover :-
- Describe the Program Increment
- Describe the Vision
- Forecast work through Roadmaps
- Create beneficial Features
- Manage the Program Backlog and Kanban
Leading PI Planning
PO is involved with story definition, providing the clarifications necessary to assist the team with their story estimates and sequencing. The entire Agile team, which includes the PO, also work together to determine their team PI objectives for the upcoming PI. This cover :-
- Communicate the Vision
- Establish PI Objectives
- Manage dependencies
- Manage risks
PO reviews and reprioritizes the backlog as part of the prep work for Iteration Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other POs. During the iteration planning event, the PO communicates story detail and priorities and ensures the team aligns and agrees on a final iteration plan. This cover :-
- Apply User Stories
- Plan the Iterations
- Manage flow with the Team KANBAN
- Continuously refine the backlog
- Participate in the Iteration Review and Retrospective
- Support DevOps and Release on Demand
Executing the PI
Iterations and Agile teams serve a larger purpose; the frequent, reliable, and continuous release of value-added solutions. During each PI, the PO coordinates dependencies with other POs. This often occurs in weekly PO sync events (see the PI article for more information). The PO also has an instrumental role in producing the System Demo for program and Value Stream stakeholders. This cover :-
- Participate in the PO sync
- Participate in the System Demo
- Innovate throughout the PI
- Inspect and Adapt
All are welcome to attend the course, regardless of experience. However, the following prerequisites are highly recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Product Owner/ Product Manager (POPM) certification exam.
5+ years of experience in software development, testing, business analysis, product or project management
IBF Accredited SAFe® Product Owner/ Product Manager (POPM) Certification Training Singapore Program offers a 2-days Certification training, aimed at building SAFe knowledge, that can lead to your Certified SAFe® Product Owner/ Product Manager (POPM). Download the brochure and check the different Focus Areas covered within these 2 days of training.
All participants completing the SAFe POPM Certification Training course will receive a password to attempt the Certification Training assessment for the same. The participants need to attempt the SAFe POPM assessment within 30 days of receiving their free password and score at least 75% to pass the exam in order to get certified.
Retake policy – Immediately after the first attempt, the second attempt on the exam (first retake) can be taken. While there is a 10- day wait period for the third attempt; the fourth attempt necessitates a 30-day wait time.
- High Success rate
- Join Our Dynamic Community
- Training from Recognized Trainer
- Post-workshop support by the Coaches
Our clients praise us for our great results, personable service, expert knowledge, and on-time delivery. Here are what just a few of them had to say:
About Funding Detail
- SAFe® Product Owner/ Product Manager (POPM) Certification Training Singapore is aligned with the IBF Standards, which are developed in close consultation with the industry.
- IBF accredited programme designed to meet industry standards and well equip with the competencies needed for the jobs.
- upto 90% subsidy for Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents. Participants need to pay 10% + GST to attend the training.
- This program has been certified under the IBF Standards and is qualified for subsidizing under the IBF Standards Training Scheme (IBF-STS), subject to all qualification criteria being met.
Take the 2-day SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) training instructed by SAFe® Program Consultant (SPC). It costs you around INR 50K certification included along with one-year membership to the SAFe Community Platform.
Yes, this certification needs to be renewed every year.
There are no such prerequisites to take this course. Also, it’s always recommended for those who intend to take the SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) training & certification exam should have been part of the ART and PI.
The SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) certification exam is an online test comprising 45 multiple-choice questions. Participants will have 90 minutes (1.5 hours) to complete the exam and must score a minimum of 73% (33 correct out of 45) to pass the SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) exam and obtain your SAFe® Product Owner / Product Manager (POPM) certification.
You can retake the assessment and each retake attempt costs $50. Second attempt on exam (first retake) can be done immediately after the first attempt. Third attempt requires a 10-day wait. Fourth attempt requires a 30-day wait.
Download and print your Certificate from the Manage Profile & Professional Development. Certifications/Programs tab (click on the paper icon to the left of the Certification Name). Please note that when printing the certificate there can be missing logos and signatures from the certificate. If you come across this issue please make sure that “Background Colors and Images” is selected in your printing options.
Scaled Agile, Inc. is the certifying body of the Scaled Agile Framework® (SAFe®).
As a response to the COVID-19, we have moved our classes online. Our Live Virtual format delivers the same benefits as our face-to-face training: expert instruction, hands-on labs and exercises, peer-to-peer collaboration, and high-quality instructional material.
Attendees may be eligible to apply for 16 PDUs toward their continuing education requirements with the Project Management Institute (PMI) for PMP, PgMP, and PMI-ACP certifications.
Please send in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will answer any queries you may have!