Data is the new currency of professional world today. The amount of information we generate at one place or another is greater than the amount we ever even imagined. Even your personal life can be analysed to serve its purpose. You may argue that Big Data is nothing but big noise, but it’s not. Big Data is a new phrase and we are just coming to know the meaning behind it. Big Data certification defines the need of big data in a business and also its importance in future. Big Data is a buzzword in the tech world. Everyone talks about big data, but few know what it actually is and what it takes to be certified for it. You might be familiar with the term ‘big data’ if you have worked in information technology (IT) or business applications. But, no one knows what it actually is, contrary to popular assumptions.
While the world is still trying to figure out what the definition of big data is, we’ve already caught up and have started embracing the terms and concepts. Big data brings about better ways of doing things with more possibilities for improvement. While some of you are thinking, ‘What is big data?’ others are singing the praises of big data and how it can help your business. But how do you prepare for the certification? Get prepared with a step-by-step guide on the online course that has been devised to help teams in preparing for the big data certification test. It has been observed from time to time, that most organisations suffer from a lack of skills required for managing and using different data sources. This has led them to go for outsourcing of data management services. In order to move forward with better data management processes, tech leaders have realised that knowledge transfer is not enough. They must focus on imparting the relevant skills first before equipping their organisations with the required tools. To this end, business leaders have started training their employees towards advanced Big Data management and analysis.
As such, for getting a career in analysis of big data, one needs to be familiar with several different programs, skill sets and languages including structured query language, python, visualization of data, MicroSoft Excel, machine learning, predicative learning, data optimization, data set building and analysis of regression and statistics. There are several options for certification to get you started if you want to work with data analytics and big data; these certifications will not only enable you to gain more skills and experience for a higher salary, but also boost you career. As such, the common certifications which one may opt for include CompTIA Data+, Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate, Cloudera Certificate Associate (CCA) Data Analyst, SAS Certified Data Scientist, Certified Analytics Professional (CAP), Certification of Professional Achievement in Data Sciences, Dell EMC Proven Professional Data Scientist Associate (EMCDSA) and Amazon Web Services (AWS) Big Data Specialty Certification. In this article, we review the different competencies and skills which you needs to have.
Why, may you ask? Well, this can enable one to secure different kinds of jobs in research and data analytics. There are several top certifications in such data analytics and big data, which one can opt for. It is humanly impossible to shortlist all the certifications, but we have attempted to jot down a few. As such, the following certifications are important in helping you boost your career and get a huge jump in salary.
- It is a career-changer: Data analysis skills are in high demand and will help you land a job as an analyst or data scientist. A CompTIA Data+ certification can help you find a job in data analytics, and it is also a great way to increase your earning potential.
- One can become the best at he or she does. As such, learn how to create analytics reports, apply advanced techniques for big data and predictive modelling, analyze historical datasets with ease, and more! The CompTIA Data+ exam covers the following topics: Introduction to Business Intelligence (BI), Business Analysis (BA), and Security Awareness & Compliance (SAC).
- CompTIA+ Data is the world’s largest certification program on IT certifications (over 3 million students). All study materials are designed by the experts with real-world experience, so one can pass the exam on your first try. This course is approved by the Australian Qualifications Authority (AQA) for registration as a nationally recognised qualification in Australia.
Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Data Analyst
- The Cloudera Certified Associate (CCA) Data Analyst credential is a great way to show your data skills and help you get hired in the field of big data analytics.
- As such, one can use this credential to prepare, structure, and analyze data using Apache Hadoop CDH4 environment.
- It shows that one has knowledge about some advanced features of Cloudera’s CDH4 platform such as Impala or Spark SQL engine.
Microsoft Certified: Data Analyst Associate
- A Cloudera Certified Associate data analyst credential shows that you can prepare, structure, and analyze data in Cloudera’s CDH environment. CCA is a certification for people who want to learn how to use Cloudera’s CDH environment and related tools
- It is an entry-level credential that you can get by completing some online training, and demonstrates one’s ability to perform basic analysis on large datasets using Hadoop tools such as Hive and Impala.
- One should carry out things like importing data from MySQL into HDFS or other database systems (e.g., Oracle). It is a recognized professional certification for data analysts, with more than 1,000 professionals certified to date.
SAS Certified Data Scientist
- One can develop a strong foundation in the core principles of data science and learn how to apply them to real-world problems.
- As such, we can learn about advanced analytics techniques, including statistical modelling, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- One needs to understand what it takes to be an effective data scientist with practical experience working on live projects.
Certified Analytics Professional
- This Certified Analytics Professional is accredited by the SAS Institute. This certification that ensures the candidate has a solid understanding of the skills and knowledge required to be a data scientist.
- The Certified Analytics Professional (CAP) is a globally recognized credential that demonstrates an individual’s expertise in the analytics process including, data through to methodology selection. As such, Certification validates mastery of core skills and knowledge required for successful delivery of analytics projects at all levels from business strategy through implementation and management.
- This provides an assurance that the candidate is able to deliver on their promises, by meeting expectations set out in SAS certification exam questions. This certification can get your foot in at many companies as it shows employers you have what it takes to be successful in this field.
Dell EMC Proven Professional Data Scientist Associate (EMCDSA)
- This certification can help develop a solid foundation in data science and analytics, such that one can become an expert in the field of data science.
- One gains knowledge on how to use tools such as R, Python, Spark and Hadoop to perform advanced analysis of large datasets, and learn how to create models using machine learning techniques such as linear regression or logistic regression for predictive modelling.
- As such, one can deploy the life cycle of data analytics lifecycle, reframe the challenges of a business challenges as all analytics challenges, appropriately apply analytic techniques and use all such tools like R and RStudio, MapReduce/Hadoop, In-database analytics, and Window functions.
Certification of Professional Achievement in Data Sciences
- This Certification of Professional Achievement in Data Sciences is offered either in-person or online through the Data Science Institute of Columbia University.
- This certification not only expands the career prospects of an individual by assisting candidates in foundational data science skill development.
- For this certification, the required courses are algorithms for data science, statistics and probability, exploratory data visualization and analysis and machine learning for data science.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Big Data Specialty Certification
- The AWS Big Data Specialty Certification can offer role-based certifications for several roles. These roles include those of Architect, Cloud Practitioner, Developer, Operations roles and other specialized technical roles.
- This certification has the potential to help one expand their range of skills and advance one’s expertise in implementing and also developing services for AWS. As such there needs to be a background in defining and creating different kinds of AWS Big Data services with an ability to explain how this can fits into life cycle of the data.
- A potential candidate must have five years of experience on hand with regards to data analytics or other related fields. They must also be experienced in processing different kinds of information by designing different architecture which saves costs. As such, one has to pass a multiple-choice choice for the span of three hours.
We strive to provide business professionals with the skills and knowledge necessary to increase work performance and drive greater return on investment for the global customers we support. Agilitics delivers customized technology and management training solutions to large corporations and government agencies around the world.